Sunday, November 21, 2010

Scorcher #1 2010

The first Scorcher was a really good race for me, I had a nice solid swim, 34 mins, (including transition time) so that will be a sub 30 min swim. It is a time that I am really pleased with at this point of the season. My ride came in at 1hr 8 min bike (30km) which was good considering there was a dirty great big hill in the middle of the course - my new bike feels fast and I feel good on it. But best of all was my run at 40 min (8km) this was the thing that I was most pleased with really, I felt strong on the 2nd lap and brought it home stronger than the 1st lap which was my goal for the race.
Overall It felt like a good day in the office for me, personal highlights included, a sub 30 min swim out of the water, a strong bike, on a new bike and a solid run. On the need to work harder side, I felt really tired at the end of the training week after the race but I suppose that’s to be expected when I combine my current training load with racing.
With less than 2 weeks to go till the Taupo half Ironman I can't wait to go up there and put down some fast times, I will be looking for a 1 hr swim a 3 hour bike and a 1hr 45 run, so a 5:45 all up, that will be about an hour faster than last year. If I can do that I will be really pleased with my work. I’m certain now that we are heading in the right direction, with only days to go till the big season marker of the Taupo half Ironman. Will keep you posted as to how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment