Thursday, January 6, 2011

Race Week

It’s Half Ironman Race week, I’m filled with all sorts of emotions this week, excitement, expectation, a bit of fear but mostly I just can’t wait to get up to Taupo on Thursday to start my race preparations.
My race build up has been on the whole really good, I’m feeling really strong physically, I want to take the 31 min time I did at the Scorcher two weeks ago and finish the 2km swim in around 60 mins. My bike is looking great thanks to Silas and the new TT set up and with the new shoes that I’ll pick up from Shoe Clinic this week my race plan has me finishing in 5:45 mins
The last two weeks have been a bit up and down as I have moved house with Karyn, we move into a new house in January so are temporarily staying at Karyn’s house in Brooklyn, moving house is stressful , I’m really glad its over now.
We travel to Taupo on Thursday and I will do a light training on Thursday and flush my legs on Friday, then... its race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment