Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Small changes make for large improvments

I was at squad this morning, I have been away for a well earned break before term starts, so I was expecting a bad swim anyway. My last two weeks in the pool have been ordinary to say the least, Ali's been away and I've missed his closeness to correct my stroke. He gave me a simple direction today, to bring my left arm out of the water and breath every stroke.

Initially it didn't work, the key was, and this is the magic part, that I needed to rotate my shoulders just a little to allow for my left arm to come out of the water, before with no rotation there was no pull in my stroke, with the rotation I can get the full pull from my left arm.

It is magic how just a little shift, of inches can make all the difference to what I'm doing in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment