Sunday, July 25, 2010

another big week in the pool, more progress

Well last week was a big step forward, and I need to take many big steps forward,

I had two really hard swims, Tuesday and Thursday, my real focus is on bringing intensity to my swim and lifting the pace.

For my time trial on Thursday I swam a 32 min 1km which was 4 Min's faster than the last one the previous month. I wasn't very happy with it at the time, but now I can see that it was a good result.

I think I get so caught up in wanting to have the result now, to have my swim down to a 1:30 that I forget that it is a process and I get annoyed when I see small gains as I want to see massive gains. When in reality four minites is a massive gain.

I'm meeting with my main partner Access Healthcare this Friday to discuss how we can work together how I can speak to their staff and inspire them to do better and be better. This weeks meeting is a really technical meeting about all the nuts and bolts of the relationship. I'm really enjoying the relationship so far it fees very natural and unforced.

I go up to Taupo with Lynley and the IM crew from the 13-15th August, so that is where my whole programme will kick off for real with a big weekend of intense training and bonding as a group and then hit the ground runing

No comments:

Post a Comment