Wednesday, March 30, 2011

the year ahead




Well, I've had three weeks off to relax, eat and drink and soak up the amazing day that was the 6th March, and reflect up how much hard work it took to get there, also how much support I have received from all the people around me to get me there as well, so thank you to everyone who has helped in what ever way to get me to the start-line, my mind was on every one as I went through my Ironman day, I thought about all the support, all the belief I received and knew it was impossible for me not to complete on that day.

This year is a very important year for me, In the next few weeks, by the end of April I will find out whether I get to go to the Ironman World Champs in Kona, Hawaii in October. It is my dream to go, and it will fulfill a life ambition to go, so I am very much waiting for the result on that at the moment.

Right now though is a funny time training wise, as its an in between time, we don't know about Kona so I've just started back into the pool and I haven't started bike / run yet because we don't know what will be required so I'm almost in a holding pattern till the Kona decision, it's a 'watch this space' kinda thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment