Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Taper: so close to the race , an up and down time

The taper, is a time when my huge training load of 30-30 hours a week is cut back to almost nothing by race week, so you would think that I would be pleased about that, right? But last week I was feeling the lowest of lows, and this week the highest of highs, Lynley, (Coach) says it's all part of the process of getting to the start line as a properly put together athlete for IMNZ.

Someone asked me what was the difference between last year and this year, I said that this year I have a team behind me and that I cannot fail, where as last year I was effectively on my own,

I have been feeling very up and down during these last two weeks, I suppose it has been as a result of not training to the level that I have previously been and the realisation that the race is just around the corner and the pressure is really on me to perform on the day, so I have been feeling the pressure a bit on some days and on others I have been feeling elation at being lucky to have the opportunity to get another shot at my dream.

Then I think of the team that is around me, my coach, partner, business manager, all the important people that will get me to the start-line and I wonder whether I would be in such good shape mentally without their help,I doubt it! I know I am in a stronger position going into IM2011 no question about it!.

No comments:

Post a Comment