Tuesday, October 19, 2010

the toll of training

I wanted to spend a bit of time this week talking about how much of a toll all the training is having on my body and the great support I'm receiving to keep me going regardless.

At the moment it seems like I'm spending a lot of time in the physio, which is frustrating as its the last place I want to be right now in this phase of the training cycle. I need to thank Ben and Steph at VUW physio for giving me really fast treatment and putting up with me being a bit grumpy and apprehensive at the moment.

http://www.victoria.ac.nz/st_services/physio/

In the last month I have aggrivated both rotator cuff's, both left and right shoulders, hense the many trips to the physio.The annoying thing about all this is that while I am in the pool I feel fast and my times in the water confirm that feeling, I am swimming 6 min 300m which equates out to a 2hr pace for the 3.8km swim.

Another wonderful lady who is helping me with my recovery is Jin Ong, she is an Osteopath who is giving me a course of 'dry-needling' to encourage flushing of lactic acid. I see Jin every couple of weeks for treatments and she is great, thoroughly recommend her,she's very great.

http://theosteopathicpractice.co.nz/

Well its less than a month to go till the pre race season starts with the Scorcher Tri's starting on the 14th of November, can't wait, then its almost a month till Taupo half, I'm getting very excited about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment