Monday, June 7, 2010

creating new neural pathways

I never thought that swimming would change the way my body worked but the bio-mechanics of my body has changed in the year since I started swimming. My left side is becoming more connected to the right, it wasn't connected to the right at all for the vast majority of my life.

My swim coach,by asking me to swim faster, which is what i need to go under the cut off time for Taupo is creating all sorts of bio-mechanical changes in my left side and in the path-ways from my left arm and leg to my brain. Those pathways haven't been engaged for such a long time and now they are being asked serious questions, along the lines of, now its time to move, fast!!, and they're not liking it at the moment!!

So right now its a battle between underdeveloped neural pathways and an equally determined brain focused on delivering a result, my money is on the brain winning out

No comments:

Post a Comment